Wednesday, April 20, 2011

physical therapy...

this has been a long haul so far. i get discouraged easily and i get worn out from the constant something with my hip. i know that the atrophy is not getting better, and the first two weeks of work set me back a few. i started out a little too strong out the gate and have crashed! i'm back to only 4-6 hours on my feet and i'm starting a stretching and exercise routine for the specific areas i am weak in. what a difference 2 days has made! the second day of doing the routine and my bodies muscle memory is already kicking in. i could do up to 10 in a row versus the 3!!! i could do the first day! i can already tell what a difference this is going to make in my stamina, strength and in lessening my pain level. thank you rebecca!

my pt routine stuck to the fridge :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm at that point too...It feels good enough to go out and do what I want, but then it hurts later and I regret it.

    The twinges are better than before surgery, but at almost 10 weeks, I'm ready to be healed.

    Good luck on your PT, it sounds like you have a great therapist who is really experienced. Glad to hear it's already helping too!

    ReplyDelete