Friday, April 27, 2012

new shoes!


you know what that means?

yes!

i am picking up the running shoes.


it has taken a year and three months, but i can do it. i am only running 1.1 miles, but i am getting that time down and will work up the mileage. 

i have been mixing in the yoga, keeping up with the stretching, and mixing in low weights. this has been one LONG haul!

i am by no means pain free, BUT my body can move. i am capable to move how a body should!

if you are struggling through this process, know that it takes time. 

take a look at where you came from and where you are now. i can only hope you see progress. we have good days, we have bad days, BUT my worst days after are nowhere close to what they were before.

you can make it through!

4 comments:

  1. that's wonderful news. so glad you are able to run! I was recently diagnosed with FAI (cam) a few months ago and I am reading as much as possible about other people's experiences. I began doing PT a few weeks ago. I have not had surgery yet, but I know it is in my future. I was wondering if you could tell me more about your struggles with PT pre-surgery?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!!!!!! I too bought new running shoes however mine are for work so I can tolerate hoofing it up and own these halls all night. I'm and RN.

    Unfortunately with my right hip now on the mend, 7 months post-op. My left hip is now on the fritz.


    MRI and Cortisone shot this week on the left one then see the surgeon to make a plan on when to fix the left one.

    You inspire me, please keep up your blog as you recover. I feel like my road to recovery just got longer and is going uphill again. sigh'

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brad, i am looking at the possibility of a cortisone shot due toi tendinitis. How did your hip respond to the shot?

      Delete
  3. not much running lately, but pt has begun again. recovery is an uphill battle most days, but we can get through it!

    ReplyDelete