Tuesday, December 14, 2010

pre-op

just got done with my pre-op appointment! got weighed (yikes!), which i should probably start that post-op diet i've been waiting to start, blood pressure (not to bad for shooting pain this morning and nervousness), temp., and a chit-chat with dr. powell. he went over the last bits i needed to know before surgery and made sure all of my questions were answered.

my surgery will be 2-3 hours, they'll shave bone off the acetabulum (hip) and femur (leg) and "try" to repair the labral tear. i like his honesty as the reality is that labral tears still only have a 60%70% success rate. depending on what they find, they'll poke 2-3 holes and i'll only have a couple stitches in each. i'll be either the morning or afternoon surgery and i'll go home after about two hours post-op. wham-bam thank you mam!

i'll be on crutches 6-8 weeks and NO external rotation or too much motion bringing my knee to my chest. it definitely won't be a walk in the park, but i am so ready! let's get to recovery!

t-minus 3 weeks and definitely counting...

let me know if you have questions, or comments or let me know your experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment