Thursday, September 1, 2011

confused...

i got the call from my surgeon today. i'm still wondering if it was good news or bad news. the build up for this last week has been hope for an answer. a definite answer as to why i am in this much pain.

good news is that my labrum and cartilage look great. everything is attached, no debris, looking good. the only abnormality, if that is even what you can call it that, is that the capsule is not healed yet. the capsule is removed/pulled away during surgery so that the surgeon can pull the femur out of the socket, and get to the femur and acetabulum for bone removal.



my surgeon doesn't usually do an mri-a at this point post-op so we really don't know what the capsule should look like. we are at a complete loss as to what might be causing me this much pain at this point. this is deflating. all i wanted was a, "this is what is causing the pain".

i am left with a waiting period and praying that things will settle down. my 3 months of disability may be extended and with no answers i am wondering what is next. i am completely confused and baffled by my body. just plain confused.

i will get in to see the pt, hopefully in the next two weeks, to see what we can do to get my body functioning properly again.

thankfully my hope is not in my abilities or what i can accomplish, but in the unseen. this is not the end all to be all. this is just the continuation of this journey. i have more to gain from this struggle and i don't want to miss the opportunity while i wallow in my pain.

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1

2 comments:

  1. Kellie, I am sorry you didn't get what you were wanting today, but I am so encouraged by your handling of it. Active-Waiting is a tough process. But as I have discovered in my own journey and reading the journey of others who were able to move into a deepening of themselves, Active-Waiting played a significant role. My prayers and thoughts are with you. May you be able to enjoy the Lord in the midst of the unknown. Blessings to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your heart and determination! don't give up! hugs and love and prayers to you!

    ReplyDelete