Thursday, March 17, 2011

back to business-10 weeks post op!

i've got a week left until i head back to "the office". i couldn't have planned this timing any better. i am finally feeling like i have energy. i haven't had energy since 2009!

2010 started the pain, mild and slow, but my body spent way too much energy trying to heal an area of my body that was progressively getting worse. now, 2011 is bringing in a new me!

i've been getting out these last few days to dog beach. i even jogged down the beach today! i can frolic and move! i thought i knew how limited i was, especially toward the last few days before surgery and especially post, but this new-found movement has shown me the life that i have been missing out on. i realized this past weekend what i have been missing out on when i missed-what will hopefully be my LAST to miss!-hiking excursion with some close friends. how devastating! i think i can do it now, i might hold people back, but i'm hoping those who are close to me will encourage me through these next hurdles.

i'm in for a continued long haul, making my complete recovery at six months to a year mark. so, on july 4th when the fireworks go off i will be celebrating what will hopefully be the best six month anniversary i have celebrated to date!

photo by Lewis Dawson

i am more than nervous to see how my body reacts to all of this new movement. an anxiety that will hopefully not keep me from the amazing steps i could take in the next few months.

here's to a continued recovery, hard as it is, i wouldn't trade this opportunity of healing and getting better for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment