Tuesday, March 8, 2011

week nine post-op!

i can't believe it! i'm week nine post surgery!

the last couple weeks have been filled with disappointment with the realization that pain hasn't gone away and there is the potential for worse pain if i work too hard. don't even get me started on building back the lost muscle! the reality is that this is a long process. between six months to a year is the magic bundle of months where one should start feeling "good". i put it in parenthesis because i'm not sure what my good looks like. is there going to be lingering osteo issues, or am i going to feel like a 20 year old? definitely getting close to the round number of 30 so 20 sounds good to me.

but, ultimately at the end of these nine weeks i am amazed.

i have come to a point where i am capable. i am capable of driving my stick shift again, i can get up and about for the day and i can get some of this strength back! slowly, but surely my body is getting back to a place where i have confidence that anything from here on out is better than before surgery.

i get back to work in two weeks! i am really nervous about going back to work. i don't want to be in pain, i really don't. i worked on my brakes this week and helped a friend on her car and i can't tell you how much my body hates me. not only that but i have finally given in to catching whatever is going around. so the thought of going back to work right now really makes me cringe. i can only imagine how much my body is going to hate me once i go back.

what a process this has been and i've only scratched the surface!

No comments:

Post a Comment